跳到主要內容

因禁藥問題退出環義賽的Pellizotti,仍希望在今年環法賽衛冕紅點衫




franco pellizottiLast July Franco Pellizotti stood on the podium on the Champs-Elysées in Paris with the polka-dot mountains jersey on his shoulders. This year the Italian, nicknamed the Dolphin, will most likely have to watch the Tour de France on TV as his career still sits in limbo.

Pellizotti was the highest profile of a number of riders who were withdrawn from competition, just before last month’s Giro d’Italia, because of apparently suspicious values on their biological passports. Many of those other riders have since been suspended, but Pellizotti has not; nevertheless, he still he waits for the green light to allow him to return to racing.

“Officially nothing [has changed],” he told la Gazzetta dello Sport. “So much so that I’m tired of waiting. I wanted to return for the Tour of Slovenia [last week], then the Italian Championships [this week], and then the Tour de France [next month]. Instead, in agreement with my lawyers, I’ve agreed to wait for a while so as not to embarrass the anti-doping prosecutor of CONI [the Italian Olympic Committee] and that of the UCI. A fortnight more or less won’t change my life, the season is still long, finishing at [the Giro di] Lombardia.”

Pellizotti has, he claims, done everything that has been asked of him in order to explain his passport anomalies. “I’ve talked about my situation,” he said. “I’ve explained, as far as possible, the changes in my values, and I’ve produced all the documents and the opinions of experts.”

These explanations have, he says, been accepted and it should just be a matter of time before he rejoins his Liquigas-Doimo team out on the road. “At the CONI anti-doping hearing the prosecutor Torri explained to me that since there has been no positive test, I could race today,” he explained. “He told me that there has been no similar case before me, and he warned that he’s waiting for the expert assessments of the anti-doping hearing to follow my explanations. He added that it seems strange, given that the biological passport is a tool created to monitor riders, that I hadn’t been tested since last August.”

His team, which had named Pellizotti as one of its three captains for last month’s Giro d’Italia before his last minute enforced withdrawal, has stood by him. “My team follows the situation by my side,” he said. “Roberto Amadio, the Liquigas-Doimo team manager, agrees that it’s best to leave a couple of weeks before I return to racing.”

Not having raced since the GP Industria & Artigianato on May 1st, the Dolphin could find a return to the speed of the peloton a bit of a shock. He has not been idle in his enforced season break though and has tried to stay in condition. “I’ve never stopped training,” he said. “Often alone, or with the riders that live close to me, with [Mirco] Lorenzetto or [Mauro] Da Dalto, or with [Marzio] Bruseghin or [Sacha] Modolo.”

With the apparent lack of any suspension, Pellizotti is still keen to get something from the season. “I hope to ride the Tour,” he said. “Otherwise a training camp with the team at the Passo San Pellegrino and then on to the Vuelta [a España].”

Despite all the problems, the Italian has managed to see some positive aspects to his enforced layoff. “My family,” he said, “I’ve finally had time to enjoy it; the solidarity and understanding of people, the support of the team and the Association of Professional Cyclists.

“Even my serenity,” he added.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

直通成田空港的平價双通道 コンフォートホテル東日本橋 (Comfort Hotel東日本橋) 住宿心得

東京都往成田空港的電車路線 不外乎高貴快速的 京成Skyliner與 JR東日本N'EX 以及平價卻也不慢的 京成SkyAccess特急 京成Cityliner 與JR東日本総武線 位於馬喰町的Comfort Hotel東日本橋 同時擁有京成SkyAccess特急 與 JR東日本総武線 雙通道構成綿密班次直通成田空港 便利性之優確是東京地區少見

新参者 加賀恭一郎 無論怎麼排隊都吃不到的銀のあん鯛魚燒

日本知名暢銷作家 東野圭吾 2009年的推理小說 新参者 2010春季日劇搬上螢幕 主角加賀恭一郎由阿部寬主演 是一部非常有趣的電視影集

Blackberry 黑莓機 舊機換新機 電郵設定步驟

一向在北美稱霸的黑莓機 在遭受蘋果iPhone 與眾家Android機海的聯合攻擊後 2010年以來漸顯疲態